The Greater Milwaukee Committee’s Scale Up Milwaukee initiative is seeking a creative to be our Marketing and Content Manager. Scale Up is a scrappy, entrepreneurial initiative of the Greater Milwaukee Committee focused on transforming the culture of growth in the Milwaukee region. The position reports to the Scale Up Milwaukee Executive Director and supports the Scale Up Milwaukee executive committee.
In this role, you are performing two vital functions, creating the content that informs and attracts stakeholders to the work of the initiative. Marketing responsibilities include developing a unifying and consistent narrative to communicate the objective, operation, and impact of Scale Up Milwaukee in support of the growth of the membership and sponsorship platforms. Additionally, you will act as project manager for marketing and communications projects including collateral production. The best candidates will bring creativity, productivity, and an understanding of how to drive impact through storytelling.
Duties and Responsibilities can include
- Leading marketing and communications work in support of the initiative
- Creating compelling written, graphic, and social content to market Scale Up activities, programs, and outcomes
- Developing and managing the content production and scheduling for social media, newsletters, annual reports, and video
Scale Up and the GMC are collaborative and team-oriented organizations. Team members frequently work together in a flat structure to achieve the organization’s goals. We strive for a culture of open communication and trust.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Self-directed, team player; strong creative talent with the ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas to meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Must possess strong organizational ability with capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Requires willingness and ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Requires valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to freely move throughout the building. The employee is frequently required to sit.
Education: No specific degree is required but bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred. The compensation for this position is competitive and will be based on qualifications experience.