On Thursday September 19th 2013, the Scalerator pilot program launched with its first session led by Dr. Vincent (Vini) Onyemah. The first session was focused on sales and sales management for rapid growth, highlighting some of the following:
- A customer-centered value approach to selling
- Value creation as the basis for development new revenue
- Questioning and listening as the guideposts to value opportunities
- Low hanging fruit in prioritizing sales prospects
- Sales skills
- Preparing for sales calls
- Getting the face to face meetings
- Dealing with gatekeepers
- Handling objections
- Handling rejections
The class was full of energy and participation throughout each day, both learning from Professor Onyemah and also learning from one another. Despite the companies representing a fairly broad spectrum, everyone realized that they had all be facing some of the same challenges in figuring out the best way to sell their product and services.
We asked a few of the participants to share their thoughts on the first session and you can view these videos below! Session 2 begins THIS Thursday and we are thrilled to have Leslie Charm, Babson College faculty member and entrepreneurial finance expert, joining us.