Scale Up Membership and Marketing Director
The Greater Milwaukee Committee’s Scale Up Milwaukee initiative is seeking a Membership and
Marketing Director who will recruit and manage the Scale Up Milwaukee membership platform. The
position reports to the Scale Up Milwaukee Executive Director and supports the Scale Up Milwaukee
executive committee. There are three primary lines of responsibility membership, sponsorship, and
Duties and Responsibilities
The Membership Director works as the primary point of contact for the development and growth of the
Scale Up Milwaukee membership platform. This includes identifying member prospects, recruitment of
members, and management of membership processes and databases. The director will be responsible
for orientation of new members, tracking members and member’s interests and creating content for
membership meetings. The director will document member engagement and work on strategies to
engage Scale Up Milwaukee members.
Working closely with the ED, the director will have primary responsibility for the identification and
administration of sponsorships. This includes generating sponsorships for Scale Up events and
Marketing responsibilities include developing a unifying and consistent narrative to communicate the
objective, operation, and impact of Scale Up Milwaukee in support of the growth of the membership
and sponsorship platforms. Scale Up is one of several initiatives within the GMC, the director will
manage the effective coordination of funding requests with other initiatives. Additionally, the director is
the project manager for marketing and communications projects including collateral production.
The director will also lead the development of measurement and evaluation processes for Scale Up
membership, sponsorships, programming and activities. Working closely with the ED, refine and
maintain an operating dashboard to keep the relevant committee and funders up to date.
The GMC is a team‐oriented organization with a collaborative culture. Team members frequently work
together in a flat structure to achieve the organization’s goals. We strive for a culture of open
communication and trust.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Sales / Fundraising /Event planning / logistics experience necessary
- Very strong customer service and communication skills and the desire to go above and beyond for every customer.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Must possess strong organizational ability and the ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; familiarity with CRMs, namely Salesforce, and database management protocols
- Must have strong writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills are highly desirable.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Self‐directed, team player; strong problem‐solving skills including the ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Requires willingness and ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Requires valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Requires the ability to freely move throughout the building. The employee is frequently required to sit. Must be able to talk and hear. Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The Scale Up Membership and Marketing Director must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent
The compensation for this position is negotiable and will be based on education and experience.
Please submit your resume and appropriate writing samples for this position to:
Or by mail:
247 Freshwater Way Suite 400
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Attn: Rich Greene